Warehouse Associate in Buffalo, NY
Hearts for the Homeless Posted: 2022-04-21
Buffalo, NY 14223
Hearts for the Homeless, a faith based non-profit, was founded in 1990 with a mission to serve the chronic homeless as well as other underserved populations.
Hearts is able to fund its mission through donor support and entrepreneurial ventures such as the thrift store operation and donated goods recycling program.
The red clothing donation bins provide items that are given away to those in need.
Donated items are also turned into dollars which support outreach programs such as the mobile soup kitchen and food pantry.
The Warehouse Associate must be a team oriented individual capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for unloading donations of clothing, shoes, blankets and household items from 20-foot straight trucks and assisting in the Warehouse with inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Properly unloading donations from multiple trucks per day.
• Create bales throughout the day.
• Assist in maintaining Warehouse inventory and organizing in a manner that best assists the overall operation.
• Work effectively with customer service representatives, leadership and donors in a team environment.
• Maintain a customer-focused perspective in all activities initiated to ensure that company needs are successfully met.
• Perform job duties accurately so that other personnel and departments, and ultimately customers receive correct information and/or product.
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures, and all policies and procedures in the employee handbook to ensure safety for self and fellow employees and to ensure behavior is appropriate in the workplace.
• Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
• Flexibility to be available for work Monday – Saturday.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to work on your feet up to ten hours a day.
• Must be able to lift products (boxes, bags, product) weighing up to 60 pounds.
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
• Team work, good communication skills to work closely within the department.
• Forklift and bailing experience preferred.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for UPS/Fed Ex and other carriers.
• Heavy lifting.
• Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills.
• Requires good attendance and punctuality. Must have reliable transportation.
• Hiring is conditional upon passing a drug test and background check
• FULL TIME 32-40 hours a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
PLease apply with resume below