Warehouse Associate in Buffalo, NY
Umbra, LLC Posted: Jul 22, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14212
Full-time , Day Shift
About this role:
Are you a fast learner and a reliable, experienced Warehouse Associate looking to grow as part of a globally successful housewares design company?
What you’ll do to be successful…
• Pick, pack and process work orders.
• Prepare and ship product export, LTL, UPS/FedEx and small package line shipments.
• Complete and process invoices using SAP.
• Enter data for received domestic and import stock into SAP system.
• Operate forklift to unload all inbound shipments.
• Inspect received product for non-conformance using visual standards, written guidelines, rulers and calipers.
• Organize and store products in holding locations, perform cycle counts, and report discrepancies to supervisor.
• Assist in proactively planning, prioritizing, and executing inbound shipments.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
What you’ll bring to be successful …
• 2 to 5 years of receiving and picking warehouse experience in a multi-cultural environment with a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Good knowledge of Excel and computer reporting tools; SAP knowledge is an asset.
• Able to lift from 10 to 80 lbs. of weight on a frequent basis.
• Solid knowledge of radio frequency technology, warehouse management software, and forklift (counterbalance) machine operation. Forklift operator certification is a plus.
• Punctual, reliable and conscientious with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Flexible to work extended hours and a variety of work assignments to meet customer commitments, quality and production targets.
• Good English oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management, organization and planning skills with a sense of urgency.
• Good work ethic with proven ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to changing priorities with a positive “can do” attitude.
What we offer…
• Competitive compensation and incentive plans
• Employer-subsidized group medical insurance
• Company-matched 401K plan
• Generous employee product discount
• Opportunity for personal development and advancement
• Free staff parking and accessible by public transit
How to join our global team …
If this career opportunity is your dream job, apply online below:
We’re Umbra …A leading global design company
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with 40 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.