Van Driver in Buffalo, NY
Hearts for the Homeless Posted: 2023-05-04
Buffalo, NY 14223
Full Time and Part Time
Hearts for the Homeless, a faith based non-profit, was founded in 1990 with a mission to serve the chronic homeless as well as other underserved populations.
Hearts is able to fund its mission through donor support and entrepreneurial ventures such as the thrift store operation and donated goods recycling program.
The red clothing donation bins provide items that are given away to those in need.
Donated items are also turned into dollars which support outreach programs such as the mobile soup kitchen and food pantry.
The Van Driver will be responsible for unloading 10-20 outdoor donation bins of clothing, shoes, blankets and household items. The driver will also be responsible for delivery and removal of bins in a safe and timely manner while working with a team member. The Van Driver will perform a daily inspection of the van to ensure quality and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Inspects van for defects and safe operating conditions daily and provides written documentation of each inspection.
● Drives van to and from designated locations at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic and inclement weather.
● Professionally represents the organization with positive interactions at donation bin sites.
● Communicates with supervisor and other warehouse department personnel.
● Loads product into van.
● Unloads bins at designated locations.
● Perform job duties accurately so that other personnel and departments, and ultimately customers receive correct information and/or product.
● Adhere to safety policies and procedures, and all KH policies and procedures in the employee handbook to ensure safety for self and fellow employees and to ensure behavior is appropriate in the workplace.
● Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
● Flexibility to be available for work Monday – Saturday.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
● Must be able to work independently and as part of a team effectively.
● Must be able to lift products (boxes, product) weighing up to 60 pounds regularly.
● Must be able to operate a van.
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
● 2 year previous van driving experience required (Passenger van, Parcel, Cargo or Delivery Van experience preferred)
● Heavy lifting.
● Operate route software and maintain collection logs.
● Must have a current driving abstract.
● Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills.
● Requires good attendance and punctuality. Must have reliable transportation.
Hearts for the Homeless offers a competitive wage, based on experience; in addition to paid holidays and vacation time.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Pay: $18.00 to $19.00 per hour
● Dental insurance
● Flexible spending account
● Health insurance
● Health savings account
● Vision insurance
● Monday to Friday (some Saturdays)
● Van Driving: 2 years (Required)
PLease apply with resume below