Training Coordinator in Lancaster, NY
Tops Distribution Center Posted: 2023-02-22
Lancaster, NY 14086
By joining our Distribution team, you’ll be playing a critical role in supplying our stores with the products they need to meet our customers’ needs.
As a Warehouse Training Coordinator, you will plan, organize, direct, and oversee all warehouse training programs for Tops Distribution Centers. Ensure that training programs fulfill operational needs and objectives; manage, guide, and develop Training staff; create and maintain a positive learning environment; and ensure staff members and trainees adhere to all established safety standards, regulations, and performance guidelines.
The Training Coordinator is responsible for:
• Monitor warehouse floor to ensure trainees are receiving proper instruction.
• Appraise, motivate, and direct staff to ensure efficient operations using a professional and positive approach.
• Monitor and document trainee Safety, Quality, Attendance and Performance. Issue warnings or recommend discipline, if required.
• Work to align local training and development needs with organizational training objectives.
• Collaborate with Human Resource Management in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new associates.
• Ensure all new hires receive and understand all corporate delivered material and information intended for successful orientation of new associates.
• Document and track trainee performance, provide feedback to the management team on the progress of all trainees.
• Must have experience working in the Microsoft Office Suite, with strong excel knowledge.
• Must be able to safely operate Power Equipment – Lead by example.
• Certify and re-train associate on all MHE, as required.
• All other duties as assigned
• College degree preferred. Minimum of High School Diploma required.
• Prior experience as a Warehouse Trainer. Experience as a Warehouse Trainer or Operations Supervisor is preferred.
• Knowledge of general warehouse operations, shipping and loading dock procedures
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures and safety program
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of instructional methods and techniques; knowledge of principles of human resource management
• Must be able to work a rotating schedule, including nights and weekends.
• Certified on MHE required
• Must possess functional ability, organizational skills, team player mentality, attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a self-motivated individual.
• Must be able to work in temperatures anywhere between -10 degrees to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
Schedule: Full Time, weekends required, 9am or 11am start time depending on the day of week.
• Opportunities for Pay Incentives & Advancement
• Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Robust 401k with Company Match
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• 5-Day Work Week
• On-Site Fitness Center
Contact Michele at 716-515-2294 with questions.
Call or text (716)336-1908 for an interview
Or apply with resume using the Quick Apply Link below: