Test Technician in Akron, NY
MGA Research Corporation Posted: 2020-09-16
Akron, NY 14001
We’re growing! MGA Research is a customer and technology driven company with over 35 years of experience providing equipment and testing services for the automotive, aerospace, military and other industries. The equipment group plays a vital role in the company developing and building new and innovative test equipment to meet our customers’ changing and expanding needs. With facilities in eight locations across North America, MGA is focused on continuously improving and expanding our line of equipment and testing services offered through the implementation of evolving technologies and highly motivated employees.
Our facility in Akron, New York focuses on renewable energy, space exploration, and defense through services including battery testing (electrical and mechanical), specialized shock testing, and mechanical vibration testing. Some notable companies with which we do business include major auto manufacturers and space launch companies. Much of our staff have gained a significant wealth of experience and career growth in our culture which promotes excitement, trust, and innovation.
We are currently seeking a career-oriented and motivated individual to join our testing team as a full time test technician.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Preparing and executing tests with the support and guidance of engineers and other technicians
• Frequent communication and collaboration with a variety of customers
• Following engineer-written test procedures and methods
• Operating data collection systems and various test software programs
• Composing technical reports
• A strong level of self-motivation, responsibility, and team work
• Knowledge of and interest in technical innovation
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and variable environment
• Willingness to continuously learn and exceed expectations
• Minimum 2 year degree with studies in mechanical engineering or comparable technical disciplines
• An intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• United States citizenship
If you are interested in building your career with us, please send your resume to us via email below.
MGA Research Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.