Telephone Operator in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-09-21
Buffalo, NY 14075
Neighborhood Health Center is seeking an Operator. The Operator answers all incoming calls to the center and assists callers in scheduling appointments, directing calls, and answering any questions they may have. The Operator will report directly to the Patient Communications Manager and will not have direct reports.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
- Answers telephone in a polite and professional manner
- Responsible for answering inbound calls and maintaining a response rate in accordance with organizational standards
- Properly directs calls that need immediate attention to the appropriate department/staff
- Schedules appointment for all departments and locations in accordance with organizational guidelines Responsible for verification of all patient information. Corrects and updates patient information in the computer system and obtains preferred usual provider on all patients
- Minimum one year Call Center/Telephone Customer Service experience is required
- Allscripts PM knowledge preferred but not required
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish is preferred.
- Polite and professional phone rapport
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: