Team Leader in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-06-03
Amherst, NY 14221
Join our Dream Team
TEAM LEADER – No on call or Supervisory Responsibilities
Provides oversite on day to day operations at Snug Haven. Ensures staff are implementing care plans, engaging residents in meaningful activities and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Look no further! We here at Autism Services provide a variety of individualized programs and services to support autistic children and adults, and their families. We promote success in academics, visual and performing arts, social skills, communication and life skills, with community integration at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide safe, comfortable, engaging environments that provide meaningful activities for people to continue to develop new skills.
- Schedule is Sunday – Thursday, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Supervision of meaningful engagement of the people residing within the IRA by:
- Assisting & training staff in activities of daily living, community management, leisure/recreation, socialization, assertion of rights, and communication of basic needs.
- Ensure staff are clear of responsibilities, scheduled activities and daily plans.
- Ensure direct care staff, follow the daily schedule and implement Individual Action Plans according to prescribed methods, including documentation of performance in a thorough, accurate manner.
- Ensure diets and menus are followed.
- Report any relevant concerns noted during observations and makes recommendations about needed changes in goal plans/methodologies to the RSM.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus six months of experience in human services; or Associates Degree plus one year of experience in human services; or High School Diploma plus two years of experience in human services.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience or background with behavior support planning preferred.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, and lift and transfer individuals as required by prescribed program/ plan.
* Competitive Pay Rates
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 403b Retirement Plan Match
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Excellent Medical Benefits
* Unique Culture & Philosophy
To help support and join our dream team, please visit us at www.autism-services-inc.org/careers to complete your online application for a Direct Support Professional position.
Or Text INTERVIEW to (716) 364-3295 and schedule your interview today!
Apply online at www.autism-services-inc.org/careers, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.