Support Services Specialist -RI in Buffalo, NY
Cazenovia Recovery Systems Posted: 2020-11-05
Buffalo, NY 14214
Cazenovia Recovery is a great place to work! We offer many benefits and extras to our staff members. This position is responsible for coordinating services for recovery, employment, education, support groups and housing within agency Reintegration programs
• Maintains a caseload of residents in multiple apartments across an assigned county.
• Completes required support service documentation according to agency and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitates individual and educational/ support group sessions.
• Develops service plans, vocational goals and relapse prevention plans. Documents residents’ individual progress in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
• Initiates discharge planning in accordance with agency policy and procedure upon each resident’s admission to the program.
• Provides support services and case management, including enhancement of adult daily living skills.
• Assists residents with applications and/ or re-certifications for Social Services benefits or other entitlements.
• Ensures timely resident fee collections according to agency procedure.
• Meets with residents at least weekly to monitor progress toward their service plan goals.
• Revises residents’ service plans to reflect individual progress at least monthly.
• Provides referrals, coordinates services, and maintains regular ongoing consultations with other providers, outpatient treatment, legal agencies, community organizations etc.
• Will implement the agencies planned vocational curriculum, while receiving ongoing coaching provided by both the Support Services Coordinator and the Vocational Rehabilitation Supervisor or designee.
• Collaboratively works with residents in identifying vocational/ educational goals and plans.
• Supports residents in identifying and accessing necessary resources to reach their vocational goals, providing referrals where necessary.
• Assists and monitors residents with planning vocational activities, including sober recreational activities.
• Provides residents with coaching and tools that help them with identifying, securing, and maintaining financial resources; effective budgeting; opening bank accounts; timely payment of rent; apartment furnishings; and other needs.
• Ensures overall safety of all residents during assigned hours.
• Responds to any crises and/ or emergencies.
• May share occasional on-call responsibilities outside of regular office hours for residents who may be experiencing an emergency.
• Responds to all immediate social or housekeeping issues at the scattered sites as they arise.
• Facilitates the resident government’s program guidelines.
• Serves on agency committees as requested.
• Carries out additional duties essential to the above-stated responsibilities as assigned.
• Is mindful of and integrates Trauma-Informed Care and its five principles in all duties and interactions with fellow staff, residents, and external partners.
• Maintains compliance with all required rules and regulations including Federal Confidentiality (42 CFR, Part 2), HIPAA, Medicaid and/or HUD, and any others.
Associate’s degree in Human Services; and
At least one year of experience in the substance use, mental health, or human services field; and
Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s license.