Support Services Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
Cazenovia Recovery System Posted: 2021-03-23
Buffalo, NY 14209
Maintains a caseload of residents in multiple apartments across an assigned county.
• Completes required support service documentation according to agency and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitates individual and educational/ support group sessions.
• Develops service plans, vocational goals and relapse prevention plans. Documents residents’ individual progress in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
• Initiates discharge planning in accordance with agency policy and procedure upon each resident’s admission to the program.
• Provides support services and case management, including enhancement of adult daily living skills.
• Assists residents with applications and/ or re-certifications for Social Services benefits or other entitlements.
• Ensures timely resident fee collections according to agency procedure.
• Meets with residents at least weekly to monitor progress toward their service plan goals.
• Revises residents’ service plans to reflect individual progress at least monthly.
• Provides referrals, coordinates services, and maintains regular ongoing consultations with other providers, outpatient treatment, legal agencies, community organizations etc.
• Will implement the agencies planned vocational curriculum, while receiving ongoing coaching provided by both the Support Services Coordinator and the Vocational Rehabilitation Supervisor or designee.
• Collaboratively works with residents in identifying vocational/ educational goals and plans.
• Supports residents in identifying and accessing necessary resources to reach their vocational goals, providing referrals where necessary.
• Assists and monitors residents with planning vocational activities, including sober recreational activities.
• Provides residents with coaching and tools that help them with identifying, securing, and maintaining financial resources; effective budgeting; opening bank accounts; timely payment of rent; apartment furnishings; and other needs.
• Ensures overall safety of all residents during assigned hours.
• Responds to any crises and/ or emergencies.
• May share occasional on-call responsibilities outside of regular office hours for residents who may be experiencing an emergency.
• Responds to all immediate social or housekeeping issues at the scattered sites as they arise.
• Assists with transportation as needed.
• Facilitates the resident government’s program guidelines.
• Serves on agency committees as requested.
• Carries out additional duties essential to the above-stated responsibilities as assigned.
• Is mindful of and integrates Trauma-Informed Care and its five principles in all duties and interactions with fellow staff, residents, and external partners.
• Maintains compliance with all required rules and regulations including Federal Confidentiality (42 CFR, Part 2), HIPAA, Medicaid and/or HUD, and any others.
Associate’s degree in Human Services; and
At least one year of experience in the substance use, mental health, or human services field; and
Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s license.