Substitute Math Teacher in Buffalo, NY
Nichols School Posted: 2023-01-04
Buffalo, NY 14216
Nichols School is seeking a long-term substitute teacher for Upper School Mathematics.
This position entails teaching two sections of upper-level mathematics (either AP Statistics
or Advanced Precalculus) and two sections of Geometry for the remainder of the 2022-2023
• Teach 4 sections of US Math as assigned.
• Prepare lessons.
• Provide extra help for students.
• Grade student work.
• Communicate effectively with families.
• Participate in after-school activities which faculty are required to attend.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Committed to collaboration and innovation.
• Use inclusive and equitable practices to inform their approach to course design, instruction, and assessment.
• Have a passion for student-centered instruction that centers on guiding students toward becoming competent thinkers, researchers, and writers.
• Employ a variety of types of texts and perspectives in their courses.
• Integrate technology into teaching and learning.
• Possess a Math degree or degree in a related field.
• Enjoy being part of the life of the school beyond the classroom.
Use Quick Apply with cover letter, resume and references to Jennifer Clarey, Director of Human Resources
School link for more information