Speech Language Pathologist in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-06-16
Amherst, NY 14228
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of people with autism, their families and their communities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
To assess individual speech and language skills, develop and implement appropriate treatment plans based on speech and language needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess individual speech-language skills in school setting. Make outside referrals as necessary (i.e., audiologist, orthodontist, dysphagia evaluation, etc.). Submit evaluations according to requirements by due dates.
- Plan for and implement individual and group therapy sessions for the students to meet individual mandates.
- Keep accurate attendance that is in accordance with daily progress notes and follows Medicaid guidelines.
- Develop written goals and objectives to be part of the overall Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Document progress daily with written reports, and record progress in monthly summaries, quarterly reports, and annual reports and submit by due dates and according to requirements.
- Work with classroom teachers, support staff and parents to increase carryover of skills learned in speech therapy.
- In-service staff as needed.
- Review students’ confidential file for pertinent information.
- Consult, as needed, administration and support staff (i.e. social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, school nurse, etc.).
- Attend and participate actively in pupil staffing, parent conferences, and scheduled team meetings as therapy schedule permits.
- Masters of Arts or Science Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- New York State license to practice speech-language pathology or eligibility to begin New York State Supervised Experience in Speech-Language Pathology.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence (ASHA CCCs) or eligibility to begin Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- New York State Teacher Certification for Speech and Hearing Handicapped (provisional or permanent) or for Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (initial or professional).
Text “INTERVIEW” to: (716) 364-3295
Or Apply below today!