Speech-Language Pathologist in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2021-06-22
Amherst, NY 14228
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of people with autism, their families and their communities.
Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The Speech Language Pathologist is to assess individual speech and language skills, develop and implement appropriate treatment plans based on speech and language needs.
The Licensed Occupational Therapist will work in a school based setting with children ages 5-21 and provide occupational therapy and assessment.
- Assess individual speech-language skills in school setting. Make outside referrals as necessary (i.e., audiologist, orthodontist, dysphagia evaluation, etc.). Submit evaluations according to requirements by due dates.
- Plan for and implement individual and group therapy sessions for the students to meet individual mandates.
- Masters of Arts or Science Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- New York State license to practice speech-language pathology or eligibility to begin New York State Supervised Experience in Speech-Language Pathology.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence (ASHA CCCs) or eligibility to begin Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- New York State Teacher Certification for Speech and Hearing Handicapped (provisional or permanent) or for Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (initial or professional).
Text “INTERVIEW” to: (716) 364-3295