Social Worker in Hamburg, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-12-27
Hamburg, NY 14075
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Healthy Steps Specialist (Social Worker).The Healthy Steps Specialist (Social Worker) will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, conducting team-based well child well visits, consulting with families with babies and young children regarding development and behavioral concerns, and collaborating with the HS team to implement core components of the program. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
- Conducts team based well child visits with parents and their babies and young children with the physician/pediatric nurse practitioner
- Provides consultations with families with babies and young children regarding developmental and behavioral concerns such as sleep, discipline, picky eating, etc.
- Collaborates with HS team to implement all core components of the program including universal child development and SDOH screening, making positive parenting and early learning guidance information readily available to all practice staff, and adjusting workflows for optimal efficiency.
- Provides consultation to medical professionals and all practice staff re: early childhood development, infant mental health, and trauma informed practice.
- Provides referrals and tracks follow-up, as appropriate, to help families make connections to key resources within the community.
- Maintains extensive databases required to meet HS fidelity metrics including both internal and external referrals.
- Collaborates with HS team to complete annual site reporting to the National Office, which may include analysis of both external database files and EMR data reports.
- Master’s degree in social work.
- Current NYS license required (LMSW or LCSW).
- Experience and knowledge about early childhood growth and development, parent-child relationships, child health infant mental health, and family systems. Experience evaluating the growth and development of infants and children under three years of age.
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: