Service Technician/Mechanic in Buffalo, NY
Dunn Tire Posted: 2021-09-16
Buffalo, NY 14224
$6,000 Signing Bonus! Immediate Openings
As a Service Technician/Mechanic for Dunn Tire you will be responsible for inspecting and troubleshooting issues on passenger and light truck vehicles.
Additionally, you will be responsible for test driving, performing repair and preventative maintenance work to keep our customers vehicles road worthy.
Duties & responsibilities
It is not just about fixing vehicles.
Auto mechanics have other responsibilities as well.
• Interact with customers to obtain information about the problems they are experiencing with their cars
• Examine various systems within cars to diagnose problems
• Remove parts that are worn or not operating properly and replace them with new or used parts
• Perform routine maintenance like oil, filter, and belt changes according to schedules established by various
• Explain repairs to customers and provide estimates for unanticipated repairs
• Advise customers of recommended repairs and preventative maintenance services to educate the
customer and generate additional revenue for the shop
• Keep detailed records on all work performed
• Assist with the installation of tires when necessary
• Wear all required personal protective equipment
• General Housekeeping and misc. duties as assigned
Qualifications and physical capabilities
• The ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• The ability to work in fluctuating temperatures.
• The ability to bend, kneel, squat, and twist without restrictions.
• Must be able to work with hands and have the manual dexterity to use hand tools (i.e., hammer,
• Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License (any changes would need to be reported to your
• Must be able to climb a ladder to 12 ft.
• Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a flexible schedule that allows for audibles in your scheduled shift if business dictates
• Perform required work in a timely manner
• Mechanics are responsible for any lost or damaged tools, unless it is found that the issue was due to the
negligence of the store/employees
• A valid State Inspectors License
• Provide and maintain their own tools required to perform daily job duties
• 1 ½ years of on-the-job experience working on the following components: Shims ♦ Cam Bushings ♦ Steering Linkage Components ♦ Suspension Components ♦ Shocks & Struts ♦ NYS/PA Inspections ♦ Headlamps & bulbs, wiper blades, linkage, wiper motors, drive belts, pensioners, brake linings, emergency cables, hydraulic parts & lines, Wheel fasteners ♦ Batteries including mounting hardware & cable ends, power steering, pumps & hoses. ♦ Fuel Injection Service ♦ Exhaust (behind converter only) ♦ Serpentine Belts ♦ Oil Changes
Text “TIRE” to 716-552-DUNN
Please apply to the link below