Service Manager / Shop Supervisor in Chautauqua County, NY
Chautauqua Construction Company Posted: 2021-03-30
Chautauqua County, NY 14063
Service Manager/Shop supervisor Salary Range: $60-70K per year depending on experience.
Construction company in Chautauqua County, New York with a heavy equipment fleet, trucks, mechanics, and onsite service is looking for an experienced service manager. This role will include leadership and monitoring of the mechanics staff, scheduling daily tasks and routine maintenance, tracking of costs associated with repairs and service. Maintain shop stock levels of inventory and supplies. Entering work orders into the company computer system, and maintaining staff work schedules to ensure proper coverage.
Service manager skills & qualifications:
• Mechanical understanding & mechanics experience for heavy equipment fleet & trucks
• Ability to lead and supervise hourly shop mechanics
• Class B driver’s license to operate service trucks and yard trucks a plus
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set goals and obtain them
• Good communications skills and the ability to prioritize shop workload
• Strong computer skills in MS Office software and maintenance software experience is a plus
• Ability to be flexible with hours and schedules to support company goals
• Maintain stock levels while also controlling costs & inventory levels
• Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all qualified to apply