Senior Accountant in Salamanca, NY
MJ Enterprises Posted: 2020-11-10
Salamanca, NY 14779
MJ Enterprises is currently seeking experienced applicants for a full-time Senior Accountant responsible for the company’s financial affairs to include financial reporting, tax compliance, cash management and business planning. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Administers and maintains company financial records/systems including supporting schedules.
• Establishes and maintains company policies and procedures related to accounting matters to achieve efficient, cost-effective operations.
• Maintains all aspects of accounting, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, investments and payroll processing/reporting.
• Develops, reconciles and manages the month-end closeout schedule/process.
• Participates in the development of the Finance Department to include recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, reviewing and disciplining personnel in accordance with company
• Monitors and projects the company’s financial position, operating results, working capital, investments, cash flow, lines of credit and capital needs.
• Prepares and manages the timely and accurate filing of financial statements, payroll, and other tax reports.
• Coordinate and work effectively with external CPA firm to ensure accurate accounting for companies are performed.
• Maintain the commercial leases including leasehold obligations and rental payments. Notify management if any issues may arise to seek legal counsel.
• Maintains and monitors all company insurance policies to ensure compliance and cost effectiveness including leases.
• Attends meetings and participates in strategic planning to assist in the development of the company.
• Works closely with General Managers and Supervisors at the Retail stores to ensure accounting and IT issues are resolved timely.
• Any other duties assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Quickbooks.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and two plus year’s related experience; or
• Associates degree in Accounting and five plus year’s related experience.
• Competitive compensation
• Casual attire
• Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
• Medical dental and vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Plan
• IRA retirement plan with a company match