Senior Account Clerk Typist in West Seneca, NY
Erie 1 BOCES Posted: 2023-11-17
West Seneca, NY 14224
Salary Range: $20.63/hrlyJoin a growing team at E1B! We are dedicated to our core values of providing excellent service, being continually innovative and most importantly, providing our customers and staff with the highest level of integrity in all areas of our work.
1. Provides primary support for the delivery of Central Business Office (CBO) services to school district clients, including but not limited to, internal claims auditing, payroll, cash management, bank reconciliation and reporting, and other school business office/financial functions requiring a high degree of accuracy.
2. Provides clerical support for Finance and Legislation Services (F&L) services and programs, including but not limited to, business office analytics, GASB-75, SMEC, business office planning and support related services, scheduling and preparing workshops and assisting with the preparation of special publications and materials for school district clients.
3. Interacts and communicates in a professional and confidential manner with school district clients and related district personnel in connection with the services provided.
4. Performs detail-oriented work and completes tasks in a timely manner in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and time-sensitive environment.
5. Organizes and prioritizes between competing tasks and, in this regard, works equally well as a member of a team or individually.
6. Works with and provides support to other clerical staff to meet the needs of school district clients and services.
7. Prepares and maintains files, records and documents related to client-specific needs and services provided for school district clients.
8. Assists with ordering and maintaining department supplies.
9. Assists with the scheduling, preparation and conducting of meetings with school district clients.
Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
$20.63/hrly PLUS Generous Benefits
Minimum Civil Service Qualifications:
Must hold permanent status as a Senior Account Clerk Typist, OR; Must be reachable on the current Senior Account Clerk Typist civil service list;
Must meet minimum qualifications for provisional appointment are as follows:
A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two (2) year college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business and one (1) year experience in the maintaining of financial records and accounts; or:
B) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three (3) years of business or office experience, of which one (1) year must have involved the maintaining of financial records and accounts; or:
C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B) and (C)
*The successful provisional candidate will be subject to a civil service exam at a later date.
Exceptional Benefits Package including but not limited to the following:
- 15 Paid annual Holidays
- Generous Paid Personal/Sick time
- Generous Paid Vacation days
- Premium Health and Dental plans (E1B pays 85%)
- Life insurance at NO cost to you
- FSA plan
- Employee Centric work environment
- Fun events for employees to enjoy.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- NYS Retirement System
- 403b AND 457 retirement plans
To Learn more and to apply, Visit Us at: Job Posting - Erie 1 BOCES (recruitfront.com) using the Link Below.
Or email us with any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org