Screw Machine Apprentice in Orchard Park, NY
McGard Posted: 2021-11-03
Orchard Park, NY 14127
***COVID Update -- McGard is an essential manufacturing company located in Orchard Park. The health and safety of our employees is paramount; thus, we have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Screw Machine Apprentice:
-SKILLED TRADE TRAINING
-1st Shift, 6:30AM - 3:00PM; 2nd Shift, 2:30PM - 11:00PM; 3rd Shift, 10:30PM - 7:00AM
-Ability to work overtime and Saturdays
SKILLED TRADE TRAINING INCLUDES:
• Learn the fundamental operation of a Screw Machine.
• Learn procedures on inspecting and producing quality parts.
• Loading bar stock into bar feed mechanism.
• Learn how to identify and replace worn tools and sharpens cut off blades.
• Learn to read layout to determine proper tooling needed.
• Learn to adjust tools to bring parts into conformance with print.
• Learn to use different measuring devices used in the blanking process.
• Learn to change collets, bushings, and feed fingers in stock feeding mechanism.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Proficiency in basic math such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to lift and carry 15 ft. bars (60 pounds max.).
• Ability to stand 75% of the shift.
• Ability to communicate and work well with others.
HELPFUL ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Ability to use calipers and micrometer.
McGard LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package: health, dental and life insurances, paid personal days, vacation, and 10 holidays, quarterly profit sharing, and a 401(k) Plan with employer match and annual company contribution. We also offer a monthly 4% attendance bonus, and 10% shift differential for 2nd/3rd shift positions.
You may send resumes to:
Human Resources, McGard LLC, 3875 California Road, Orchard Park, NY 14127
Or apply online at below link.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.