Safety Manager in West Seneca, NY
Upstate Niagara Cooperative Posted: 2022-06-08
West Seneca, NY 14224
The Site Safety Manager will plan implement and coordinate programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illness and financial losses and appraise conditions which could produce accidents.
Responsible for overseeing accident prevention programs for incorporation into policies.
Coordination of safety activities to ensure implementation throughout the facility.
Plans and directs safety and health activities in industrial plant to evaluate and control environmental hazards.
Inspects machinery, equipment, and working conditions in industrial or other setting to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
Coordinates activities in training employees.
Key Daily Responsibilities including:
• Involvement in Daily Pre-Shift meetings to provide a safety presence and message
• Reviewing and/or leading any incident investigations from the previous shifts or that occurs while on shift
• Ensure that the Communication Board is functioning and that current information is displayed at all times
• Facility walkthrough to ensure boots on the ground safety with a focus on behavior and adherence to safe work practices (each department should be part of walkthrough)
• Review Open Action Items and update status (weekly review with management)
• Perform observations of employees and establish a safety presence in the facility
• Review weekly Supervisor Audits and ensure that follow-up actions are added to the Action List in Teams and addressed
• Verify that pre-shift inspections on PITs have been completed and documented
• Proactive Safety – Identify Near Miss/Hazardous Conditions
Key Flex Responsibilities (as necessary) including:
• New Employee Safety Orientations
• Implement the health and safety program requirements at the facility
• Lead Safety Committee meetings
• Perform proactive safety functions
• Train employees and implement the Learning Plan (Annual Training Topics)
• Tracking and resolving safety issues
• Oversee Root Cause Analysis for incidents
• Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for plant operations
• Develop One Point Lessons as necessary
• Oversee Monthly Safety Committee Meeting
• Ensure that OSHA 300 log is current and properly maintained
• Identify and Implement Weekly Tool Box Topics
• Implement the SMOS System and complete Follow-up actions
• Perform and document Weekly Safety Manager Tasks
• To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and Experience
A BS degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred.
1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing setting preferred
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to pull handles and push buttons. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information and apply with resume at the Direct link below