Route Driver in Buffalo, NY
Hearts Foundation Inc. Posted: 2021-04-24
Buffalo, NY 14207
The Route Driver will be responsible for delivering up and unloading 20-30 outdoor donation bins of clothing, shoes, blankets and household items. The driver will also be responsible for delivery and removal of bins in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspects truck for defects and safe operating condition daily and provides written documentation of each inspection.
· Drives truck to and from designated locations at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic and inclement weather.
· Professionally represents the organization with positive interactions at donation bin sites.
· Communicates with supervisor and other warehouse department personnel.
· Loads product into truck.
· Unloads bins at designated locations.
· Perform job duties accurately so that other personnel and departments, and ultimately customers receive correct information and/or product.
· Adhere to safety policies and procedures, and all KH policies and procedures in the employee handbook to ensure safety for self and fellow employees and to ensure behavior is appropriate in the workplace.
· Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
· Flexibility to be available for work Monday – Saturday.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team effectively.
· Must be able to lift product (boxes, product) weighing up to 60 pounds regularly.
· Must be able to operate 16’ to 26’ Straight Truck.
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
· Previous straight/box truck driving experience required (2 year minimum, CDL preferred, not required)
· Heavy lifting.
· Operate route software and maintain collection logs.
· Must have a current driving abstract.
· Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Requires good attendance and punctuality. Must have reliable transportation.