RN Manager in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2023-01-18
Buffalo, NY 14207
For more than 30 years, Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. NHC is GROWING and actively seeking a Nurse Manager. The Nurse Manager will have responsibilities that include, overseeing and working with nursing supervisors at each site to ensure flow of day and concerns are addressed in a timely manner, forecasting of possible clinical issues or concerns and proactively addressing them to maintain a supportive clinical environment, and working closely with Practice Manager and other departments to assure open communication between nursing and non-clinical staff.
- Maintains nursing staff by participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training nursing personnel for site. Reviews and ensures nursing supervisors complete training schedule for new nursing employees for site.
- Maintains nursing accountability through education, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Must be able to recognize the need for and provide conflict resolution and problem solving
- Works in collaboration with provider scheduler to ensures timely distribution of nursing schedules occur with updates completed as necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships with providers to advocate for the needs of both the providers and nursing teams
- Work within nursing staffing on training opportunities to support patient advocacy and understanding/resolve clinical issues
- Must possess, minimally, a BS in nursing; Masters preferred
- Must hold a current New York State licenses as a registered nurse
- Must maintain a current basic life support certification
- Minimally 3 years clinical/nursing management/supervision experience; physician office/practice preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish preferred
• No weekends
• No overnights
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
Apply via Quick Apply or following the link below.
2022 Buffalo Business First
Best Places to Work Finalist