Retail Production Associate / West Seneca in West Seneca, NY
Goodwill of Western New York Posted: 2023-03-06
West Seneca, NY 14224
Are you looking for autonomy, work-life balance and the opportunity to work for a company that makes a difference in our community?
Is it important for you to work for a company that considers the needs of our current and future generations by improving our environment through sustainability and recycling?
Then this position may be perfect for you!
As a Retail Production Associate with Goodwill of Western New York, your work will directly impact your local community and the individuals we serve.
The Retail Production Associate works under the direct supervision of the Retail Store Manager and is responsible for customer service, facility security and maintenance, sorting and quality selection of donations into salable, salvage, and trash categories, pricing of merchandise, transporting merchandise to sales floor, stocking shelves, doing mark-downs, rotating merchandise and displaying merchandise.
• Responsible for providing 100% customer delight.
• Sorts donations into salable, salvage, and trash categories and place non-salable apparel, shoes, or handbags into salvage containers.
• Places all other non-salable items (i.e. broken or non-functioning wares, electrical and mechanical, wet items, etc.) into trash.
• Prices merchandise using Agency baseline price guide; special price items of exceptional value.
• Keeps abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing. Continually learning brands and collectibles.
• Keeps pricing area clean and organized.
• Transports merchandise to sales floor, stock shelves, display and rotate merchandise, and performs mark-downs in compliance with agency policy.
• Transports trash to compactor/dumpster and operate compactor as needed.
• Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures; follows good safety practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the Retail Store Manager.
• Ensures meets Agency standards regarding quality and quantity of work.
• Consistently meets production goals.
• Assists at the donor door and with loading and unloading of apparel movement equipment regularly and as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, customers and donors.
• Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude.
• Ability to work on a team as well as individually with minimal supervision.
• Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business priorities.
• A passion for serving others and making a difference in our community.
THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Prolonged periods of standing.
• Must be able to stand, reach, grasp, twist, and bend on a frequent basis.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to fifty (50) pounds with no support regularly.
• The Retail Production Associate works under the direct supervision of the Retail Store Manager and is responsible for customer service, facility security and maintenance, sorting and quality selection of donations into salable, salvage, and trash categories, pricing of merchandise, transporting merchandise to sales floor, stocking shelves, doing mark-downs, rotating merchandise and displaying merchandise
Please apply with resume at the Company link below