Registered Nurse Supervisor in Cheektowaga, NY
Elderwood Assisted Living-Cheektowaga Posted: 2021-03-31
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
SUPERVISION OPPORTUNITY - Flexible hours! Take the next step in your career with Elderwood.
Step into a leadership role with a new opportunity in RN supervision at Elderwood at Cheektowaga. This Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor role comes with flexibility. While it is listed as an evening shift position, there is an opportunity for mid-shift: 11a-7p. Evening shift hours for this role are negotiable.
About Elderwood at Cheektowaga:
• Centrally located to the metro-Buffalo region, Elderwood at Cheektowaga is a well-established long-term care community offering round-the-clock skilled nursing care and comprehensive subacute rehab services. Residents with dementia benefit from Elderwood’s Seasons Memory Care program. The community is part of a continuum on the suburban campus that allows seniors to age in place with Elderwood assisted living and independent living communities nearby.
We offer a weekly pay schedule, a robust Tuition Assistance Program for those seeking their BSN & and a strong Employee Referral Bonus Program that can net you up to $1000!
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Position Overview
• The Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the conduct of nursing educational programs monitors the nursing staffing schedule for the facility; serving as Infection Control Nurse and performing the (RN) Nursing Supervisor functions.
Essential Job Functions - Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor:
• Responsible for responding immediately to residents’ requests.
• Supervise nursing care services and staff on all units while on duty.
• Actively promotes facility safety programs.
• May assume responsibility as the Infection Preventionist Nurse.
• Assume responsibility for nursing services in the absence of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services and/or Director of Nursing Services
• Arrives to work on time, regularly and work as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
Qualifications - Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor:
• Possession of a RN State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
• Minimum of two year's (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an RN leadership role; experience in geriatric nursing required.
• Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
• Ability to utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
• Ability required to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
• Previous experience in nursing education and/or in-service training preferred.
• Ability to relate well to geriatric residents; respectful and caring attitude towards residents required.
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is centrally located at 225 Bennett Road, Cheektowaga, NY 14226.
Apply to This RN Leadership opportunity directly below