Registered Nurse in Lewiston, NY
Ascension Living - Our Lady of Peace Posted: 2021-03-26
Lewiston, NY 14092
Ascension Living Our Lady of Peace is looking for caring and compassionate registered nurses to join our team! This beautiful community offers skilled nursing and long-term care in Lewiston, NY.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available
Why join Our Lady of Peace?
• Be part of a great team and culture
• Opportunities for advancement
• Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
• Flexible scheduling and student friendly
• Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What you will do
As an RN, you will claim responsibility and accountability for a group of patients/residents through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
• Perform assessments on patients/residents and reassessments as per policy
• Develop and implement appropriate plan of care based on assessment and diagnosis tailored to meet each individual’s needs (physical, cultural and psychosocial)
• Evaluate plan of care and make necessary changes
• Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient/resident and their clinical condition
• Evaluate patient/resident responses to medications
• Plan for and provide patient/resident, family and caregiver education
• Identify learning needs and clearly communicate information and documents patient/resident response to education
• Document according to current standards and policies
• Plan for patient/resident discharge, anticipate and plan for long-term and/or short-term patient/resident needs and collaborate with the discharge planner when appropriate
• Assess the patient/resident prior to discharge
• Delegate and collaborate in providing patient/resident care according to licensure and skill levels, follow up to ensure success
• Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid license as a registered nurse in NY
• Completion of an accredited RN program
• CPR certification preferred for assisted living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty days of employment
• A minimum of one-year experience as an RN
• Supervisory experience
• Possesses working knowledge of state and federal regulations
Safety is our top priority. That is why we provide ongoing associate education, hands-on training and access to the latest in COVID testing and mitigation efforts.