Registered Nurse in Amherst, NY
New Directions Youth & Family Services Posted: 2021-03-21
Amherst, NY 14226
1. Conducts assessments including: HIV risk assessments, intake assessments, general first aid and triage activities.
2. Provides routine screening for substance abuse, developmental health, mental health and physical body checks for abuse.
3. Provides routine management and training regarding chronic conditions such as diabetes and asthma.
4. Provides training and health education including reproductive health education.
5. Provides support and management of the emotional/psychiatric needs of children.
6. Establishes treatment goals for children utilizing historical and current available information in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
7. Medication administration and management including reconciliation.
8. Confirms adequate nursing staff coverage hours.
9. Maintains medical supplies and equipment.
10. Confirms adequate nursing staff coverage hours.
11. Maintains medical supplies and equipment.
12. Practice proper infection control.
13. Follow up after medical appointment, urgent/emergency care or hospitalization.
14. Assist with home visits, educating caregivers, and monitoring healthcare needs.
15. Assist with community provider visits (Nursing services are not substitute for Private Duty Nursing or Certified Home Health Aide Care).
16. Maintains current First Aid/CPR and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention certification as provided by Agency.
17. Performs duties in a manner consistent with professional standards and the NYS nurse Practice Act and other local statues or regulations applicable to nurse practice, inclusive of school nurse standards.
18. Reports suspected Child Abuse and Maltreatment as mandated by law and agency policy.
19. Attends all mandatory in-service training and regularly attends supervision meetings.
20. Maintains professional development through self-directed professional growth activities designed to increase professional knowledge, such as attending the School Nurse training for NYSED.
21. All other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
SKILL, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Education and/or Professional Qualifications/Skills
* Current Licensure in NYS as a Registered Professional Nurse.
* Previous experience in pediatric nursing or a childcare setting is preferred.
Special - Personal Skills, Qualities, Aptitudes and Physical Requirements
New Directions Youth & Family Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to preform essential functions.
1. Ability to work effectively with youth, families, staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Ability to deal effectively with youth and/or families.
3. Ability to accept supervision and perform as part of a team.
4. Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
5. Ability to interface with people (groups and individuals) and communicate within various mediums (logbooks, E-mail, telephone, written).
6. Must have excellent organizational and communication/interaction skills.
7. Must have a valid driver's license, adequate auto insurance and meet the criteria for driving set forth in the New Directions Driver's License policy and Auto Insurance policy.
8. Ability to pass annual physical for Category 2 job classification in accordance with New Directions Employee Health policy.
9. Must comply with Agency safety standards and be responsible for own actions and conduct concerning safety and healthy working conditions
For More Information contact
Tim Chavers at 716-535-1744 ext. 458
or Apply below with resume