Quality Technician in Buffalo, NY
Power Drives (PDI) Posted: 2022-11-01
Buffalo, NY 14220
We are looking for a driven Quality Technician with a strong background, that will be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable customer quality requirements.
The trick is doing all of this while having fun in a fast-growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization.
PDI is a pet and human friendly environment located in the Larkinville district of Buffalo with a culture that rewards teamwork, accountability, integrity, respect, and continuous improvement.
Objective: Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable customer quality requirements.
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Experience with CMM or 3d measurement, precision measuring tools and testing systems.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Some experience with precision measuring tools and testing systems. (Working CMM knowledge preferred)
• Experience with meeting ISO/QS-9000 or ISO 9001:2000 or IATF16949 management system requirements
• Some experience in Blueprint reading
• Ability to work well in a high-pressure, fast-paced work environment, and meet deadlines
• Strong people skills. Ability to work well with other team members in a non-judgmental manner.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Above average math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Quality Systems and methodologies (Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, IATF16949)
• Ability to work in a team environment. Models the teamwork philosophy
• Detail oriented, able to quickly grasp new concepts, mechanically inclined
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Willingness to attend internal and external training seminars to further improve interpersonal/leadership skills
• Ability to multitask. Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Self-starter, High values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the validation/disposition and other administrative requirements of the Internal Non-Conformance system.
• Perform Internal Calibration, coordinate external calibrations, and maintain the overall calibration data system per the Quality Management System requirements.
• Perform Gauge R&R studies
• Daily lead by example through regular demonstration of company values, pursue knowledge related to the ongoing improvement of the PDI quality system.
• Immediately react to production issues (Non-Conforming Product, Fixtures/Gauges). Support the inspection & disposition of customer product complaints, and assist Quality Inspectors with internal rejects
• Perform Quality Inspection on internal and external parts using methods, tooling and equipment in the Quality lab including the FARO and Roamer arms
• Perform Process and Product Audits.
• Assist and support the Quality Engineer role as needed
• Responsible for performing or monitoring quality related testing as required by the customer and assigned by manager
• Responsible for creating raw material, in process, and final inspection reports
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and general work rules.
• Participate in the APQP process involving data collection, revising files, and maintaining records
• Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply