Property Maintenance Technician in Buffalo, New York
Free Will Rentals Posted: 2023-01-24
Buffalo, New York 14207
We are seeking a Property Maintenance Technician to become a part of our small team! In this role, you will address common maintenance issues across multiple properties, performing repairs and installations. You must be able to address a host of common property issues, such as electrical, plumbing, and heating. Our ideal candidate has several years of professional experience in property management and maintenance, along with reliable transportation and a flexible schedule to respond to emergencies as they arise.
• Perform routine and scheduled maintenance across multiple properties
• Perform repairs, installations of fixtures and appliances, and replacement of damaged systems
• Diagnose and repair problems with building heat, electricity, and water systems
• Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors.
• Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skill Sets:
• High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
• Have your own set of tools
• Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred
• Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
• Ability to communicate with tenants, both in person and via cell phone
• An eye for detail
• 2 years general maintenance minimum
• Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, boilers, and HVAC.
• General repair upkeep procedures not requiring specialized trade; i.g. drywall, paint, window and door replacement
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking
• Ability to lift up to 70lbs without assistance
• Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
• Must own own vehicle (preferable pickup truck with a clean driving record and proof of insurance)
• 8 hour shifts
• Tuesday to Saturday
• Schedule can be flexible to include either Saturday or Sunday
• Some evening hours may be required
Salary: $18 - $25 per hour
To apply, please email direct apply.