Program Secretary in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2021-07-08
Buffalo, NY 14214
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Incumbent will perform routine administrative functions in support of the Emergency Services Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates telephone, transfers calls to appropriate parties within the department, delivers messages and distributes mass mailings, faxes and e-mails.
- Schedules appointments for various Emergency Services staff.
- Analyzes and organizes all office operations and procedures such as: department information management, filing systems, requisitions and other clerical services.
- Organizes and collates CSBG and Client Characteristics reports and other monthly or grant reports as needed. Enters client info into Cap 60 data management system. Tracks and records client characteristics on spreadsheets. Check reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and maintains program activity spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintains accurate and updated files relative to contacts, department agreements and general program information.
- Assists with administration of annual departmental initiatives such as Holiday Toy Assistance and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance programs.
- Oversees all phases of ESD office operations.
- Assists in updating and proof-reading manuals, procedures, flyers, brochures and other program materials as needed.
- Demonstrates a positive work ethic and maintains confidentiality in appropriate program areas.
- Assist with client intake as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Emergency Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have thorough knowledge of CAO policies and procedures, office terminology and equipment. The individual must be able to understand and perform written and verbal directions. The individual must be professional, personable and responsive to the needs of staff, children and families. Clerical aptitude, mental alertness, good judgment, courtesy and tact are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Business Administration or comparable two (2) year degree or (5) years office management experience.