Production Supervisor in Buffalo, NY
CleanCare Posted: 2021-07-02
Buffalo, NY 14215
A local high-volume processing facility is seeking an experienced, energetic individual for a Production Supervisor position to coach and lead a diverse workforce through daily operations. The right candidate must be a critical thinker with the ability to lead teams and individuals through the implementation and sustainment of a continuous improvement culture. This is not a desk job. Most of the time will be spent on the floor directing and coaching employees. This is a 7-day, one shift operation with approx. 60 employees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Employee engagement. This includes the setting of work assignments, conducting frequent follow up, performance coaching, and employee skills training to ensure expectations are met and/or exceeded.
• Area Ownership. Development and ownership of programs designed to motivate workers to achieve set work goals. This includes the ability to analyze and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving barriers to productivity.
• Teamwork: Work closely with the management team to drive operational improvements, identify and reduce variation in processes that will result in improved customer satisfaction and product quality while reducing costs and waste.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
• Previous production supervisor experience required
• Must be detail oriented, demonstrate excellent organizational, planning, and management skills, and be able to manage sometimes conflicting priorities.
• Exhibits a strong sense of leadership, ownership, and flexibility.
• Ability to stand 8-10 hours per day
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed
CleanCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
If you require an accommodation with the application process, please contact the HR Department at 412-687-7900