Production Manager in Niagara Falls, NY
Vishay Posted: 2023-01-12
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Vishay Thin Film is looking for a full-time Production Manager at our Niagara Falls, NY location.
• Directs a complete and highly technical manufacturing process for electronic components.
• Heads up a full product line for a Vishay Electronic Components division.
• Responsible for the overall orientation, training, disciplining, and work performance of product line and for the maintenance of a high level of production and quality.
• Directly and indirectly supervises the activities of individuals in a highly technical electronics manufacturing operation.
• Directly and indirectly supervises all activities of a full product line, possibly multi-shift, multiple departments, and precision electronic component manufacturing operation. Directs scheduling, maintenance, and manufacturing operations for all shifts.
• Ensures that processing of all parts meets standards and that customer orders are accomplished in accordance with pertinent specifications and high quality control requirements.
• Selects, trains and motivates Production, Supervisors and Senior Production Supervisors in supervisory techniques, manufacturing techniques and standards, company policies and specific manufacturing operations. Appraises the performance of supervisory staff to ensure the maintenance of the highest levels of quality and production.
• Plans and schedules workload to ensure smooth operations and the production of orders in the sequence assigned by the production scheduling department. • • • • Expedites finished orders and the receipt of required materials whenever required to meet production schedules.
• Directs all ongoing production for the area and plans for projected production efforts to ensure optimal use of people and resources. Projects the need for production facilities and equipment based upon sales forecasts and anticipated introduction of new products.
• Ensures that all assigned equipment is in satisfactory working condition with regard to output and safety considerations.
• Accomplishes or recommends personnel actions as determined desirable. May arrange transfers within the department or between departments for purposes of promotion or to facilitate more expedient production.
• Make recommendations regarding methods, workplace improvements, changes in procedures, equipment modification and repair, and the purchase of additional tools, supplies, and equipment.
• Prepares monthly production and shipment forecasts for assigned area. Prepares and monitors budget for assigned operations and submits any appropriation requests as determined necessary.
• Ensures that assigned Supervisors conduct periodic department meetings with employees for the purpose of discussing productivity, quality standards, and goals of the department and that they continue to solicit ideas and maintain open communications channels.
• Five year’s experience in a comparable manufacturing operation is required. At least two year’s work experience as a Production Supervisor and General Supervisor within the Vishay structure is required.
• Requires a bachelors degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical or business discipline.
• Must be able to build and maintain professional working relationships with Production Supervisors and General Supervisors and with various divisions and corporate departments.
• Must be able to work well through and with a wide range of individuals.
• Will directly supervise Production Supervisors and General Supervisors each of whom is responsible for the operation of an assigned line or production area.
• Responsible for hiring, training, motivating, scheduling, assigning work to, and monitoring the performance of assigned supervisory and production staff in the annual production of high quality sophisticated electronic components.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401K with company matc
If so, apply today via Quick Apply or Company Link
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer