Production Line Operator in Amherst, NY
Masis Staffing Solutions Posted: 2021-04-29
Amherst, NY 14226
The position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of their assigned production lines. Must ensure that product is produced on schedule, within scrap and quality control limits and within acceptable efficiency standards. Will train other operators and Key Production Associates as needed.
Major Respondibilites and Accountabilities:
1. Direct all team members assigned to their production area by identifying work assignments, communicating expectations, and motivating workers.
2. Accurately complete/follow Production and Quality Control paperwork and obtain supervisor approval before the end of each shift. This includes, but is not limited to, down time, indirect labor, and critical control logs, work orders, communication logs, line diagrams and Material Control Documents.
3. Crossover with previous/oncoming shift to ensure a smooth transition and that all information is transferred to the TM’s for all issues, clean downs, and/or changeovers throughout the day.
4. Monitor product and packaging quality to ensure production standards are met, and immediately aim/troubleshoot to resolve related problems.
5. Ensure that all employees on their assigned line adhere to all safety, food safety and GMPs standards.
6. Responsible for successful start-up and operation of production lines within stated speeds and operating parameters.
7. Responsible for sanitation and cleanliness of the machines and the surrounding areas.
8. Mentor and train employees assigned to their production area as needed.
9. Troubleshoot equipment and make basic repairs; for major repairs, notify Supervisors, Group Leader and/or Maintenance immediately.
10. Work with Supervisors and/or Group Leaders to identify opportunities to improve current processes using continuous improvement tools such as line diagrams and lean manufacturing.
11. Provide recommendations to Group Leaders and Supervisors regarding workers’ performance and identify high-potential employees for key/tech positions.
12. Assist with assembly and disassembly of equipment for changeovers and clean downs as needed.
13. Ensure employees assigned to their line report/sign into their workstation on time at the start of the shift, leave