Production Employee in Niagara Falls, NY
Silipos Holding LLC Posted: 2020-11-09
Niagara Falls, NY 14304-3731
Performs a variety of activities required to manufacture products. Work performed will range from manual labor to operation of semi-automatic machinery (e.g. Heat Stamper, Die Cutter, Ultra-Sonic Welder, Robot, Hot Melt Machines, Gantry, Pail Meter, Auto-Bagger, dipping Machines, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• As directed, uses approved production methods and/or equipment to convert raw materials into finished product
• Works in teams of several workers or alone as directed
• Participates in training of new employees.
• Operates machinery as trained according to accepted procedures and in accordance with all safety rules
• Produce, as outlined in the work instructions, any and all products with minimal supervision.
• Follows the sequence of the production schedule
• Produces the quantity of product needed on the Work Order without over or under producing.
• Produces quantities at the established rate per hour.
• Produces product according to the Work Order Sequence and the Work Instructions.
• Writes clearly and legibly
• Accurately reports the order worked on and the results on the daily time sheet.
• Maintains quality of product as outlined on product/manufacturing work instructions.
• Supports company production goals
• Follows all safety rules and regulations
• Consistent attendance
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum high school graduate or equivalent
• Ability to read, write and understand verbal and written instructions
• Ability to identify and communicate manufacturing problems to supervisor
• Math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to work independently and perform cooperatively with others.
• Ability to hear, see, occasionally bend, stoop and kneel, stand up for 8 hours per day, and push, pull or lift up to 40lbs as needed to perform essential job functions
• Manual dexterity needed to perform some job functions.
Regularly works with hot melt process equipment Uniform and safety glasses required. Clean environment. May be exposed to background noise, odors, dust, heat, cold and slippery floors. Hearing protection as needed.