Positive Support Professional - Technician in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-04-13
Amherst, NY 14221
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of autistic people, their families and their communities.
To assist the department in achieving social and emotional well-being for the participants on your caseload.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prompt arrival for adequate preparation of daily activities.
- Provide direct support to IRAs and/or Day Programs as directed by your supervisor
- Works directly in conjunction with the Positive Support Professional and assists with additional tasks are requested/needed.
- Work directly with the staff and the people we support to train and implement Behavior Support Plans during active treatment program hours as appropriate.
- Observe and monitor staff to ensure Behavior Support Plans are being implemented correctly.
- Model correct strategies and approaches to staff.
- Assist PSP in training staff in behavioral principles and techniques.
- Oversee staff members’ accurate implementation of established Behavior Support Plans.
- Collect data and staff/parent questionnaires when developing Functional Behavior Assessments and/or meetings
- Complete monthly trending reports for participants on assigned caseload using Therap (with assistance from PSP if necessary)
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
Training or experience in behavioral assessment and designing behavior support/ intervention plans preferred.
Valid New York State Driver’s License.
Full-time, Part-time and Relief positions available days or evenings. $15.50 hourly, sign-on bonus for most direct care positions, excellent benefits, PTO, 403b employer match and a creative work environment.
Text INTERVIEW at (716) 364-3295 today to schedule your phone interview.
Why wait to make a difference?
Various sites and shifts available.
Quick Apply, go online to: