Positive Support Professional- Education in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2023-11-01
Amherst, NY 14221
Salary Range: $23.22 / hrAutism Services is the only agency in WNY solely supporting autistic people. ASI provides a variety of individualized programs and services to support autistic children and adults, and their families.
We invite you to take part in our mission of creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of autistic people, their families and their communities.
Competitive pay rates, excellent benefits, PTO, flexible hiring, 403b employer match, paid training and a creative work environment.
Positive Support Professional - Education
About the Position
To monitor, develop and update behavioral services and plans for Education individuals. To provide ongoing support and training to staff for behavioral needs.
- Collaborate with the Education Director to help support daily needs of the students in the education program.
- Prompt arrival for adequate preparation of daily activities.
- Work directly with staff and individuals to implement Behavior Support Plans during active treatment hours as appropriate.
- Observe and monitor staff to ensure Behavior Support Plans are being implemented correctly.
- Model correct strategies and approaches to staff. In-service staff on Behavior Support Plans, levels of supervision, and protocols.
- Train staff in behavioral principles and techniques.
- Contact parents/guardians as necessary with behavioral concerns.
- Develop, revise, and maintain Behavior Support Plans with Treatment Team (direct-care staff, related services, staff, program director, Behavior Review Committee) input; ensure that programs are current. Ensure that the restrictive tracking sheet is updated on a regular basis.
- Complete FBAs (Functional Behavioral Assessment reports) for Education students per the SED Behavior Plan Process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Psychology, Social Work, School Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a related human service field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Training or experience in behavioral assessment and designing behavior support/intervention plans preferred.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, and lift and transfer individuals as required by prescribed program/plan.
Text INTERVIEW to (716) 364-3295 and schedule your interview today!
Apply online at www.autism-services-inc.org/careers, or email your resume to email@example.com.