Pharmacy Technician in Buffalo, , NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-05-09
Buffalo, , NY 14219
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Pharmacy Technician.
Position available at our Buffalo location.
- Dispenses prescriptions within the pharmacy
- Retrieves medication from the shelf, counts medication, and labels container under direct supervision of Pharmacist on duty
- Performs data entry, including patient demographics, medication information and directions on patient profile in computerized database
- Receives written prescriptions from patients and verifies information on prescription is complete
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Counting accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Proficient with computers and comfortable learning new programs
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals. The State Department of Health updated guidance on 1/21/22 to require all healthcare staff to obtain a booster shot within 30 days of eligibility. This applies to NHC employees.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.