Peer Specialist in Buffalo, NY
BestSelf Behavioral Health / Harambee House Posted: 2022-05-02
Buffalo, NY 14202
Harambee house provides housing for applicants who have a significant history of homelessness.
The Peer Specialist delivers peer support services with rehabilitation and recovery focus, with a primary goal of connecting individuals to community based recovery supports consistent with the treatment/recovery plan.
People with personal experience as a recipient of mental health and/or substance use treatment or of personal recovery are encouraged to apply.
• Associate's Degree in Human Services plus two years of advocacy experience in a human service agency or health care facility.
• HS diploma or equivalency and 4yrs., experience in a human service agency or health care facility.
• Must be a "peer" and have a working knowledge of the mental health system and recovery process. Must have personal "lived" experience as a former or current user of substance use treatment services or have personal substance use recovery experience and be comfortable with self-disclosure as needed.
• A valid NYS drivers' license
• Automobile in good working order
• Must have Accredited NYS Defensive driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
• Must maintain Active NYS Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration.
• If driving one's own vehicle, must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance.
• Must provide proof of insurance upon hire and when requested.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, Arabic, or other language strongly preferred.
Please apply by visiting the Link below