Patient Service Representatives in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-05-09
Buffalo, NY 14201
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Patient Service Representative (PSR) for their Buffalo NY locations.
The PSR will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, registering patients upon arrival, verifying insurance information, scheduling and changing appointments, and collecting co-payments.
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
- Assists in open and closing procedures for organization.
- Prints daily appointment schedules.
- Assists with and independently print all Front Desk reports including but not limited to recall, no-show and bumped reports in a timely manner.
- Assists in ensuring appointments are confirmed.
- Confirms appointment times, location and provider during the registration process.
- Assures patients are acknowledged timely and delays are communicated to Front Desk Lead.
- Verifies patient information and correction in the computer system.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical office experience or medical terminology knowledge preferred but not required
- Allscripts PM and EHR knowledge preferred but not required
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish is preferred.
- Friendly demeanor
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals. The State Department of Health updated guidance on 1/21/22 to require all healthcare staff to obtain a booster shot within 30 days of eligibility. This applies to NHC employees.
Please respond by email using the Quick Apply or Apply online using the link below.