Parts Counter Associate in Amherst, NY
Northtown Automotive Companies Posted: 2021-04-27
Amherst, NY 14226
Northtown Automotive Companies is looking for a Parts Counter Associate to help assist our Parts department with their daily activities. This position entails retailing and wholesaling parts to all available customers over the counter, through the shop, or on the telephone.
• Assisting walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggesting companion requirements, offering specials, and ensuring that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
• If the product(s) needed are not in stock, the parts counter person is responsible for determining the availability for that customer and submitting paperwork to receive product(s) as soon as possible.
• Answering telephone calls and providing price quotes and other information.
• Assisting outside sales representative with their orders
• Setting up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up
• Previous Automotive Parts Experience highly preferred
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to read and comprehend different instructions and information
• Physically demanding position, will stand for most of shift
• Able to lift, up to, 50 lbs
• Standing or walking up to 6-8 hours of shift
• Reaching, bending, twisting frequently
• May be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, etc. when delivering parts to service department and/or body shop.
• 3 day full-time work week, rotates every month
• 730AM-9PM Mon/Tues/Wed, following month, 730AM-9PM Thurs/Fri/Sat