Outside Sales Representative in Hamburg, New York
Hamburg Overhead Door, Inc. Posted: 2020-08-25
Hamburg, New York 14075
Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative generates leads and drives sales. The Outside Sales Representative’s responsibilities include submitting regular sales reports to management, informing potential and existing customers of product features and benefits, and resolving customer complaints. This position should also be able to create as well as present persuasive sales proposals to customers to encourage sales and repeat business. To be successful in this position, you should be persuasive and have excellent negotiation skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Outside Sales Representative should be able to demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills to continually meet or exceed sales targets. The position will report to the President and Vice-President of Operations, as well as cross communicate with internal personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Building and sustaining long lasting relationships with new and existing customers based within an assigned sales territory.
• Traveling within an assigned sales territory to conduct face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers.
• Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by selling products to new and existing customers.
• Developing and implementing an effective sales strategy to drive sales.
• Maintaining an accurate record of all leads, customer accounts, and sales.
• Researching competitors’ products and pricing as well as market conditions.
• Keeping abreast of the latest industry developments by attending meetings, training workshops, and industry events.
• Strategically negotiating with potential and existing customers to close sales.
Required and Preferred Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D., required
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field is preferred
• Proven outside sales experience
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong attention to detail skills
• Strong consultative sales skills
• Strong competencies to multitask, prioritize, organize and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern office procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must
• Ability to quickly learn Hamburg Overhead Door, Inc.’s ERP System
• Skilled in using a personal computer, operating a printer/scanner
What We Offer:
Hamburg Overhead Door is committed to offering its employees a comprehensive benefits package along with a great working environment. Below, you will find the exciting benefits that we are proud to offer.
• Competitive Salary
• Company Vehicle
• Cell phone
• Paid Vacation Time
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick Time
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
This is a full time exempt salaried position. Schedule is typically Monday-Friday, weekends and evenings may be required to meet business needs.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Or apply at
5659 Herman Hill Road Hamburg, NY 14075
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of a dynamic workforce in a growing industry!