Nurse Coordinator in Orchard Park, NY
Hillside Children's Center Posted: 2022-11-09
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Hillside has a great opportunity for a Nurse Coordinator!
We offer set schedules!!
Amazing PTO and great perks and benefits.
We are looking for a dynamic Registered Nurse, ideally with OPWDD experience, to work in their IRA’s to provide oversight of our individual’s health, advocate on behalf our individuals with health care providers and others, and supervision of direct care staff, including AMAP trainings.
As a Hillside Nurse Coordinator, you will provide health consultation and nursing services in compliance with regulatory requirements and agency policy and procedures. You will also participate with inter-disciplinary teams as needed to ensure consistency of quality nursing services.
• Develop and deliver health services based on interdisciplinary team’s recommendations.
• Provide information as required for treatment meetings, outside providers, and other agency staff as needed for health service follow up.
• Document in each participant’s confidential or clinical record all diagnostic assessments, individual Nursing Plans of Care regarding services recommended and
• Maintain and adhere to ethics of confidentiality. Discuss confidential matters in an appropriate manner in compliance with HIPPA.
• Provide education to staff and individuals as needed on topics relevant to individual’s health and to ensure proper care and follow up.
• Communicate clearly and accurately with clients, colleagues and families.
• Understand, support, and promote the shared vision and mission and policies of the agency.
• Participate as a constructive member of the team, willing to improve on own work and the work of the nursing team.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner. Use judgment, courtesy, and respect to all clients, visitors, families, and to other colleagues.
• Sensitive to cultural diversity.
• Strive for personal quality improvement and learning. Display positive leadership qualities.
• Act as a client advocate to establish appropriate health care. Follow up on medical concerns with pediatrician and monitor recommendations and implementation. Monitor psychiatric concerns and psychiatric recommendations. Review health care recommendations with treatment team and family. Encourage family participation.
• Monitor referrals, admissions, transfers, and discharges.
• Support agency vision, provide service as per regulatory mandates, program policy and procedures
• Display effective communication with nursing team and management.
• Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Nursing
• Proof of any required education degree will be required pre-employment and as required, during employment.
• New York State license to practice as a Registered Nurse
• Valid New York State driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Certification in CPR
• Proof of any required license and/or accreditation will be required pre-employment and as required, during employment.
• 1+ years of RN experience
• experience in area of pediatric nursing or child/adolescent psychiatric nursing, and/or OPWDD experience is a plus
Please apply with resume via Company Link