Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist in West Seneca, NY
Erie 1 BOCES Posted: 2023-11-02
West Seneca, NY 14224
Salary Range: $31.43/hrJoin a growing team at E1B! We are dedicated to our core values of providing excellent service, being continually innovative and most importantly, providing our customers and staff with the highest level of integrity in all areas of our work.
- Responsible for the design, development, installation, implementation, support and/or maintenance of computer software applications, operating systems. Installs, customizes and maintains vendor supplied software or LAN/WAN operations.
- Generates incident tickets as required. Follows-up on and closes all assigned calls.
- Monitors, configures and tunes LANs or LAN applications for optimal performance. Organizes and prepares LAN documentation.
- Assists in the training and instruction of users in LAN operating systems and/or LAN applications.
- Performs troubleshooting for computer equipment use in the delivery of BOCES services.
- Installs, troubleshoots, supports and maintains communications software (used to connect to the enterprise server, dial-ups, et. al.). Provides related user training for such applications.
- Evaluates the network and makes recommendations to the Senior Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist and to the Supervisor, Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist.
- Acts as liaison between the WNYRIC and the customer (School District) regard to in networked hardware, software and application issues.
Minimum Civil Service Qualifications:
A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four (4) year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience in computer programming which included, at least, on (1) year of experience in programming and/or maintenance of vendor supplied operating software; or;
B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two (2) or four (4) year college or university with an Associate’s degree in Data Processing, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field and four (4) years of data processing experience, two (2) years of which, included computer programming, and at least, one (1) year of experience in programming and/or maintenance of vendor supplied operating software; or;
C) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and six (6) years of data processing experience, two (2) years of which, included computer programming, and at least one (1) year of experience in programming and/or maintenance of vendor supplied operating software; or;
D) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C)
- Applicants must be experienced working in LAN/WAN environments
- Familiarity with Windows, MAC OS/iOS, Windows Server and newer, and PC operation/ management is mandatory
- Management of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP/DNS, and Computer Imaging using WDS/SCCM is also mandatory
- Knowledge of WAN, Content Filtering, Firewalls, Enterprise Mobility Management, and other technologies a plus.
- Candidate must have strong customer service and communications skills in addition to troubleshooting, research and documentation skills.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver license and reliable car transportation
Exceptional Benefits Package including but not limited to the following:
- 15 Paid annual Holidays
- Generous Paid Personal/Sick time
- Generous Paid Vacation days
- Premium Health and Dental plans (E1B pays 85%)
- Life insurance at NO cost to you
- FSA plan
- Employee Centric work environment
- Fun events for employees to enjoy.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- NYS Retirement System
- 403b AND 457 retirement plans
To Learn more and to apply, Visit Us at: Job Posting - Erie 1 BOCES (recruitfront.com) using the Link Below.
Or email us with any questions you may have to: email@example.com