Medical Coder in Hamburg, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-11-04
Hamburg, NY 14075
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Coder. The Coder will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, charge entry, review of charges from EHR, and reconciling untracked encounters. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
- Charge entry as directed.
- Review of charges from EHR interface for appropriate coding in a timely manner.
- Selects appropriate codes for visits based on documentation.
- Accurately documents addendums to visits requiring a change in code selection.
- Provide coding updates and training to providers and staff.
- Payment entry as directed.
- Reconciles untracked encounters.
- Data entry of statistical information into daily logs.
- Assists patients in the completion of sliding fee applications.
- 1 year medical coding experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CPC Certificate required. Must be AAPC or AHIMA certified
- Allscripts PM and EHR knowledge preferred but not required
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish preferred.
- Willing to cooperate and be flexible when working with patients, co-workers and management to complete a job.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent in accuracy
To apply, please visit our Careers page: