Medical Assistants in Buffalo, Hamburg, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-05-09
Buffalo, Hamburg, NY 14207
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Medical Assistants at all 4 locations including both Buffalo, Blasdell & Hamburg locations. The Medical Assistant will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, participating with the patient intake process by taking vital signs and history, assuring medical records are up-to-date, and assisting providers with examinations and treatments .
- Prepares patients for and assists provider with examinations and treatments
- Prepares and maintains examination and treatment rooms
- Participates with patient intake process by taking vital signs and history, and assures medical records are up-to-date
- Assists in facilitating patient flow for the provider to ensure a seamless and efficient patient flow
- Must be able to provide evidence of the successful completion of a recognized Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant training program or relevant related training/experience
- At least two years of medical experience preferred in an office/clinical setting
- Medical Assistants generally have one home site but may need to work at other locations as needed
- Must have current CPR certification
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
Please apply with resume using the quick apply or complete an application using the link below.
Or visit our Nursing Open House
Wednesday, May 25 from 5:00p - 7:00p
Neighborhood Health Center
Northwest • 155 Lawn Ave., Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the practice of equity and inclusion.