MDS Registered Nurse in Cheektowaga, NY
Elderwood Assisted Living-Cheektowaga Posted: 2021-03-31
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is seeking a MDS (Minimum Data Set) Registered Nurse (RN) that is knowledgeable, collaborative and detail oriented.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current state, federal, and CMS regulations, and be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with staff, residents and family members. Those in MDS coordinator jobs are ultimately responsible for adequately assessing nursing home residents’ needs, and coordinating personalized, resident-driven care based on those assessments.
This position offers a regular DAYS, Monday-Friday schedule for those RNs looking for a more traditional schedule.
MDS Nurse Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Oversees, reviews and/or completes the MDS/PPS components of the facility based MDS/PPS Programs.
• Completes and/or oversees completion of all Medicare PPS MDSs and/or OBRA assessments for both subacute and long-term care.
• Establishes the schedule for completion of the Medicare required assessments setting the completion date to maximize reimbursement and RUGs categories for each individual assessment.
• Acts as support/liaison to the business office coordinator and/or designee in determining eligibility for Medicare and tracking Medicare days in the facility.
• Serves as facility contact with Managed Care program to ensure appropriate authorization and reimbursement for facility services provided.
• Has Knowledge of and management of NYS RUGs III case mix for Medicaid reimbursement.
• Participates with Medical Records and therapy staff in preparing records for CMS and various entities for pre and post-pay record reviews, ADR requests and appeals processes.
MDS Nurse Coordinator Qualifications:
• Registered Professional Nurse, Licensed in NYS.
• State PRI Assessor Number a plus.
• Knowledge of MDS/PPS scheduling, completion, coding and submission requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of NYS Medicaid program, Medicare/PPS program, Managed Care programs, RUGs Ill and RUGs IV classification and reimbursement systems, Part A coverage guidelines and documentation requirements.
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is centrally located at 225 Bennett Road, Cheektowaga, NY 14226.