Material Distributor in Amherst, NY
Selective Staffing Solutions Posted: 2021-04-07
Amherst, NY 14228
Material Distributor [ $1,500 Sign on Bonus ]
Compensation: $16 - $18 / hr. DOE
Selective Staffing Solutions has partnered with a leading Buffalo-area manufacturer to add experienced professionals to their growing team. This is an opportunity to join a global organization in their state of the art manufacturing facility. Employees in the global headquarters enjoy an on-site fitness center, on-site cafeteria and regular employee appreciation events.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated team player with an exceptional work ethic. Previous experience in warehousing is required. Above all our client is looking for individuals who desire fair treatment, personal respect, safe and desirable working conditions, competitive wages and benefits, and career growth opportunities.
Location: Amherst, NY 14228
D- Shift | 7pm – 7am | Wed, Thu, Fri, & every other Sat
Short Term Assignments (4-6 months) available on the following shifts:
• A-Shift | 7am-7pm | Sun, Mon, Tue, & every other Wed
• C- Shift | 7am – 7pm | Thu, Fri, Sat, & every other Wed
• Operate material distribution equipment in the warehouse
• Issue and return materials to production and inventory locations
• Utilize hoist and crane system
• Utilize personal computers, printers and wireless barcode scanning equipment
• Use software including Microsoft Dynamics AX, IMS, Slitting Dispatch, Slit Specification database, Lot Tracker, leaderstrip & bintag label printing software, Windows, and Excel
• Six Months of general warehouse experience required
• Forklift and/or electric pallet jack experience preferred
• Inventory control experience a plus
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in team environment.
This is a temp-hire position where successful candidates will be hired on after successful completing the initial probationary period. Employees in good standing will be eligible for sign on and retention bonuses of $500 after 90 days $1,000 after 180 days. Additionally successful hires will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Coverage
• Reimbursement Benefits- FSAs and HSAs
• Wellness programs and incentives
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs
• 401K retirement program with generous employer matching contributions
• On-site fitness facility
• Employee cafeteria with onsite food purchasing options
• Employee appreciation events
• Discounted ticket prices
• Service Awards
• Tuition Assistance
Additional job postings w/descriptions are located on our website. Email your resume via Quick Apply or call 716-634-3300 to schedule a phone interview.
SEND A RESUME & REFER A FRIEND!
Phone: (716) 634-3300 Fax: (716) 634-3900
Monday - Friday between 9:00AM – 4PM