Marketing and Office Assistant in Buffalo, NY
Hearts for the Homeless Posted: 2022-08-10
Buffalo, NY 14223
Hearts for the Homeless, a faith based non-profit, was founded in 1990 with a mission to serve the chronic homeless as well as other underserved populations.
Hearts is able to fund its mission through donor support and entrepreneurial ventures such as the thrift store operation and donated goods recycling program.
The red clothing donation bins provide items that are given away to those in need.
Donated items are also turned into dollars which support outreach programs such as the mobile soup kitchen and food pantry.
BUFFALO; HAMBURG; LOCKPORT; NIAGARA FALLS; EAST AMHERST; CHEEKTOWAGA; TONAWANDA; WILLIAMSVILLE; DEPEW; WEST SENECA, NY.
The Marketing and Office Assistant supports Hearts by providing administrative and creative assistance to our team members.
Their duties include coordinating ongoing marketing projects and ensuring that the goals, updates, and stories within the organization are communicated effectively internally and externally.
This role also provides organizational and administrative support.
• Keeps new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
• Coordinates and creates content to ensure the organization's purpose is conveyed internally and externally through digital, print and other marketing methods and mediums.
• Maintain social media presence on Instagram and Facebook including content creation, responding to messages, increasing audience and engagement.
• Coordinates website content, updates and projects.
• Performs remarketing based on analytics evaluating conversions and updates as needed based on internal goals.
• Coordinates, creates and publishes various forms of content and communications to stakeholders focusing on strategic story-telling.
• Carries out a variety of direct mail and email marketing projects.
• Creates communication elements and press releases for new projects, programs and initiatives.
• Assists in organizing events, conferences, etc.
• Assists with managing marketing programs and materials.
• Collaborates and coordinates various projects with marketing companies for all marketing materials; providing required data.
• Answer incoming telephone calls to screen and forward, provide information, take messages and direct to the appropriate source.
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
• Proofreading memos and other documents for senior leadership.
• Process incoming mail/deliveries by opening, scanning and submitting.
• Place service calls as needed to various vendors and manage progress.
• Greet persons entering the building and determine nature and purpose of visit.
• Manage calendars and appointment schedules.
• Perform administrative support tasks for various departments upon request.
• Provide project management support as needed.
Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis.
• Maintain office equipment.
• Maintain office supplies.
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Communications or other relevant field.
• 2-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Wordpress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Adobe Suite, Canva or other content creation software, Microsoft Office.
• Strong technological skills.
• Solid experience with social media and online platform management, e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Business Suite, and Youtube.
• Ability to anticipate and respond proactively and effectively.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Multitasking and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Customer service attitude.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal/relationship skills.
• Proficient analytical, decision making and problem solving.
• Attention to detail.
• Has an understanding of the importance of brand awareness.
• Excellent prioritizing and time management skills.
• Good customer service skills and detail oriented.
• Self-control – job requires maintaining composure even in very difficult situations.
• Integrity – requires being honest and ethical.
• Enjoys being creative and innovative.
Pay: $41,600 - $42,900
Please apply resume via Quick Apply
Company Link below