Maintenance Technicians in Buffalo, NY
US Sugar Posted: 2023-05-17
Buffalo, NY 14206
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C& H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Local to Buffalo candidates only please.
• Up to 3 weeks of vacation your first year
• Paid sick time
• Quarterly bonus program of up to 7% of quarterly gross pay
• Annual merit increases
• 24/5 operation with multiple shift options
• Training and career growth opportunity
• Overtime availability
• Competitive benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, and more)
Hiring 2nd and 3rd shifts:
• Starting rate at 28.00/hr
• 2nd Shift differential: $1.00/hour
• 3rd Shift differential: $1.50/hour
The Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment; gear and sprocket drives, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, loading systems, production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Detailed Roles & Responsibillities:
• Performs routine facility maintenance as assigned
• Performs Preventative Maintenance regularly
• PLC Troubleshooting
• Electrical troubleshooting and repairs on AC / DC Motors
• Electrical maintenance 24V to 480V
• Communicate via radio with on shift supervisor
• Conduct repairs aligned with company GMP requirements
• Observes and troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation by adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, as well as repairing/replacing defective parts
• Optimizes capabilities of various packing (bagging) machines
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
• Responsible for aiding in startup process to ensure equipment is operating correctly
• Contains a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to assist in resolving issues and fostering Continuous Improvement
• Keep maintenance shop and parts/tool/belt storage areas clean and organized.
• Fill out all required paperwork promptly and accurately.
• All other duties as assigned
• Must be available for Overtime
• Ability to work a flex schedule as needed
• Safe operation of hand tools, power tools, & general shop tools
-3-5 years maintenance experience required, preferably within a manufacturing facility
-Consistent work history
-Experience in food manufacturing preferred, but not required
-Highly organized, self-starter that can work with little direct supervision
-Special attention given to candidates whom:
-Have Forklift & Rigging experience
-Proof of specialized training such as:
Troubleshooting (Mechanical or Electrical), 70E, OSHA
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required
• Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Essential Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Attributes):
• Ability to make sound decisions regarding resource utilization and needs
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Results-oriented, process improvement focused
• Ability to work cross functionally to achieve outstanding results
• Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in manufacturing
• Willingness to learn
• Punctual attendance is required
To apply, please email dirct apply or below link.