Maintenance Technician in Buffalo, NY
FPPF Chemical Company Posted: 2022-11-14
Buffalo, NY 14206
We’re looking for a person to oversee the general upkeep of the Lory & Lory commercial buildings and their infrastructure as well as at FPPF Chemical Company locaterd at 100 Dingens Street.
The technician’s role is to maintain building operations and ensure that the facilities are safe and functional at all times. The person must be willing to work flexible hours responding to emergencies when necessary and completing scheduled maintenance when convenient for the building owner. The technician will keep a schedule of routine repairs, inspection sheets and supply needs. They may shop for materials and track receipts to make timely repairs. Among other jobs, the Maintenance Technician keep grounds clean, repairs broken items, troubleshoots equipment, replaces light bulbs and installs new equipment.
Our Maintenance Technician will be responsible for keeping our buildings operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen. The technician will be required to perform a wide range of repair tasks around our buildings. These tasks include:
• Responding to requests and provide exceptional customer service to our tenants
• Performing routine maintenance around the building such as fixing structural damage, for example, window, door or wall repair
• Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
• Working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
• Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
• Applying preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof
• Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
• Painting the building when old paint has become faded or chipped
• Groundskeeping: Picking up trash if seen on grounds; mowing the lawn at the warehouse, plowing the parking lot and sidewalks during the winter, taking out trash weekly
Requirements and Skills:
A Maintenance Technician requires a diverse mix of both hard and soft skills, particularly manual labor skills, including:
• Plumbing knowledge to address leaks, clogs or other drainage problems
• Electrical wiring capabilities to manage problems with the building’s electricity
• Carpentry ability to handle basic repairs around the building
• Groundskeeping outdoor areas in need of maintenance. In addition, during the winter, the parking lot and sidewalks need to be plowed.
• Interpersonal skills to interact with employees or residents of the building in a pleasant manner
• Must be able to use a smartphone, email, text, and complete work orders
• Resolve and Complete work orders in a timely manner
• Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
• Physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active and working on the building
Salary will be commensurate with experience and certification/education.
To apply, please direct apply or call FPPF Chemical Corporation at 716-856-9607