Maintenance Supervisor in Lockport, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2021-11-04
Lockport, NY 14094
Make a Change, Make a Difference
Niagara County Positions Available:
Lockport Head Start Niagara, Lockport, NY, US
Newfane Head Start Niagara, Burt, NY, US
St Marks N. Tonawanda Head St Niag, North Tonawanda, NY, US
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The candidate must have skills in maintaining the safety of facilities and must successfully be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. NYS CDL driver’s license preferred. Ability to access transportation and travel to sites throughout Erie County is required.
- Coordinate and maintain health and safety conditions in and around all centers
- Make and coordinate repairs at centers.
- Conduct the monthly health and safety checklists for all centers
- Attend required meetings and trainings
- Maintain inventory on equipment, such as tools to maintain facilities.
- Serve as member of the health & safety committee
- Maintain inventory of custodial services supplies
- Maintains sanitary conditions in and around the facility(s)
- Monitor and clean up debris outside of building as needed
- Works with landlords to maintain the heating system at the center.
- Makes or supervises repairs and maintenance work requiring handyman abilities including painting, simple carpentry and plumbing
- Cooperates with staff on all housekeeping details
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: Maintenance Associates
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED.
Please apply via link below