Machine Repairer - Millwright in Buffalo, NY
Aurubis Buffalo, Inc. Posted: 2023-02-20
Buffalo, NY 14207
Aurubis Buffalo, Inc., a leading US manufacturer of copper-alloy sheet and strip products, is seeking talented individuals to join our team!
These salaried positions pay: $37.00/hr.!
• To assemble, dismantle, install, or repair all types of production and maintenance equipment.
• To perform all types of welding, piping, and plumbing work required for plant maintenance.
* Participate in continuous improvement of ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001 programs and procedures though active participation in the near miss program
* Handles containerizing and labeling universal wastes including batteries and lamps, as well as spent aerosol cans (HW).
Tools and Equipment:
Hand tools, grinders, air tools, wrenches, measuring instruments, chain fall, come-along, forklift truck, boom trucks, acetylene arc and heliarc welders, supply tanks, regulators, valves, torches, generators, drill press, clamps, fluxes, rods, overhead crane, hydraulic press, pipe wrenches, flaring tools, soldering torches, electric threading machine, air wrenches, electric hoist, pipe bending tools, etc.
Blueprints, drawings, angle iron, shim stock, spare and replacement parts, rolls, shear blades, chair, etc. Handles various weights, but generally material over 50 lbs. is moved mechanically.
1) Receives verbal and/or written instructions from Supervisor indicating the work to be done or may be required to diagnose trouble.
2) Using the appropriate tools, dismantles, repairs, installs, and assembles equipment.
3) Makes judgement of repairs required or parts replaced.
4) Checks with Supervisor at various points to verify that the work is being done properly.
5) Checks work after completion to verify that the machine is operating properly before leaving the job.
6) Completes record of material used, time consumed, etc.
7) Required to know the expansion and contraction of various metals, proper fluxes, welding rods, torch sizes, fuel mixtures, speeds, welding currents, etc.
8) Required to read complicated blueprints and drawings and have the ability to layout and fabricate as required.
9) Lines up, clamps, preheats, and welds all types of metals including cast iron, cast steel, carbon and alloy steels, copper, brass, aluminum, etc.
10) Must produce neat joints free from stress, pits, etc.
11) Completes job tickets and performs other related tasks as required.
12) Installs and maintain all types of pipelines for air, water, gas, etc.
13) Performs plumbing work such as caulking and soldering joints, making screw fittings, pipe bending, etc.
14) Maintains and repairs all types of valves, multiple point greasing systems, pumps and other types of air, water, steam, and gas systems.
15) Trouble shoots and maintains parts of hydraulic and pneumatic circuitry. Valves, pumps, etc. for purposes of interpretation from prints and installation and repair.
16) May be required to repair air compressor control systems, valves, etc.
17) Must be able to read and interpret complicated blueprints and drawings in laying out and installing plumbing and piping systems.
18) Responsible for making judgments as to whether or not to implement a stoppage in production in order to correct a quality problem. Employee is directly responsible for product quality and in ensuring quality measures are met.
19) Works in ALL departments.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/AA - Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran